Anxiety Cures: Foods and Drinks
People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
If you are on certain anti-anxiety medication, it is important to know that it isn’t the only option available. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) A natural substance found in turkey, called Tryptophan, makes you feel relaxed after eating. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. It can help you prevent anxiety-induced heart attack by keeping your heart rate steady.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Research has shown that aside from its other health benefits turmeric can help ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Vitamin B is also necessary for methylation, a process responsible for serotonin production.
9) Eat more oysters to increase your intake of zinc, a chemical necessary for your brain to function normally. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) Improving the health of your stomach will help improve the condition of your brain to deal with anxiety and stress. Kefir is a good source of probiotics that keep your gut in good shape.